The mission of Aultman Health Foundation is to lead our community to improved health.
Our vision is to deliver superior health care to the healthiest community in the nation.
Recognize and accept the unique talents of every Aultman team member
Exceed customer expectations
Achieve Success through teamwork
Create a Positive and safe work environment
Educate our community
Manage our resources Cost-effectively
Maintain Trust and integrity in all relationships
History of Aultman The Beginning: Elizabeth Harter, daughter of manufacturer and banker Cornelius Aultman, and stepmother Katherine Barron Aultman deeded 4.5 acres of land to the Aultman Hospital Association in 1891. Stark County's First Hospital: Aultman opened Jan. 17, 1892. Dr. James Fraunfelter performed the first surgery months later, attempting to save the life of Norman L. Deuble, who fell off his high-wheeled bicycle and struck his head. 1920-1940: The Harter Building was constructed in 1925, adding 100 beds to the 40-room hospital. The McKinley Building opened in 1944 and added 106 beds. In 1947, another 117 beds were added by opening the Harter Annex. 1950-1960: The Obstetrical Anesthesia department opened in 1951 with nurse anesthetists. By 1960, Aultman offered 24-hour availability of epidural pain relief during labor and delivery. In 1954, the Main Building and the Morrow House were completed. Construction of the Main Building replaced the hospital's original structure and included 139 additional beds. 1960s and 1970s: Aultman's heart program began to develop beginning in 1969 with the addition of the Heart Lab. Additionally in 1969, the Memorial Building was constructed and the Cancer Program began with the arrival of a cobalt radiation therapy unit. These additions were followed by the Aultman Ambulatory Building in 1979. 1980s and 1990s: The Emergency/Trauma Center expanded in 1989. New services included the Aultman Center for Dialysis, lithotripsy, reproductive endocrinology, Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care, pharmacy robot, laboratory automation project and the helipad. 2000s: Aultman expanded into the communities we serve with Aultman North, Aultman West and Aultman Carrollton. In 2003, Aultman relocated outpatient therapy services to a renovated building on Tuscarawas Street, across from the main hospital. Aultman also opened Aultman Louisville and completed Aultman Woodlawn. The Bedford Building opened in 2006, featuring the Heart Center, Birth Center and emergency/trauma services.
For more than 100 years, Aultman Hospital has provided quality health care services and the latest technology to our community.