Aultman: Leading the Community to Improved Health
The Aultman Health Foundation mission is to "lead our community to improved health." We fulfill our mission in many ways, from providing quality health care to offering wellness education to investing resources in our community. Read the information below for a sample of the ways in which Aultman Health Foundation provides community support.
Health and Wellness Education
Free screenings, informational programs and educational tools help to improve our community's health. For example:
- Aultman Hospital participates in community health fairs and screenings.
- Our Wellness on Wheels (WOW) van visits area schools, senior centers, churches and community centers to provide health education and basic health screenings.
- We offer free blood-pressure checks throughout the year.
- The Sharon Lane Health Center provides a wealth of health resources for patients, their families and community members.
- More than 100 free "Health Talk" educational presentations are available each year.
- Our free PrimeTime Seniors and 5-0 Programs offer everything from assistance with understanding medical bills to a variety of wellness programs.
- Our Safety First program provides free bike helmets and safety education for all Stark County first-grade students.
Supporting Health-Related Causes
Aultman employees participate in the following events each year:
American Cancer Society Relay for Life
American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
American Heart Association Heart Walk
Akron/Canton Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk to Cure Diabetes
Arthritis Foundation Walk
Other Community Commitments
Aultman Health Foundation and AultCare are major contributors to United Way of Greater Stark County, and we encourage employees to contribute during the annual United Way campaign. We also support organizations ranging from Junior Achievement to the Canton Community Clinic to Arts in Stark.