Aultman’s Wellness Week Offers Free Health Education for the Community
September 06, 2012
Aultman Hospital is bringing health education and awareness to the community during “Wellness Week,” taking place Monday, Sept. 10 through Friday, Sept. 14.
Each day during Wellness Week will feature a different theme. All educational activities are free and open to Aultman employees and the public. Get the complete Wellness Week calendar, and here are some highlights:
Monday, Sept. 10: “An Ounce of Prevention”
• Visit the Bedford lobby from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. to learn about heart attack warning signs and hands-only CPR, get a blood pressure screening and take the HeartAware online risk assessment.
• Stop by the main hospital lobby from 12:30-4:30 p.m. to talk to a certified diabetes educator. Find out how much sugar is in your favorite drink, how much sugar your child should really eat and how you score on the diabetes risk checklist.
Tuesday, Sept. 11: “You Are What You Eat”
Come to the main hospital lobby from:
• 8 a.m.-noon to play the nutrition game and get healthy eating tips from dietitian Joy Benjamin.
• 10 a.m.-noon to get personalized advice about food and your family’s eating habits from health coach Michelle Newman.
• 11 a.m.-3 p.m. for free food samples from Good Greens.
Wednesday, Sept. 12: “From Stress to Strength”
• Stop by the main hospital lobby from 8-11 a.m. to make your own stress ball and learn how to maximize your productivity and mental well-being.
• Attend the “Finesse Your Stress” session from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the Bedford lobby, featuring Barbara Fordyce, Ph.D.
Thursday, Sept. 13: “Commit to Quit”
• Bring your family and friends to the main lobby from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. for free carbon monoxide screenings, free nicotine gum samples and information on Aultman’s free Give It Up! tobacco cessation program.
• Put your hand-washing skills to the test from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Sharon Lane Health Information Center with the WOW program’s black light and “germ goo.”
Friday, Sept. 14: “Get Moving”
• Fuel your fitness with advice from sports nutrition expert Angela Nabors from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in the main hospital lobby.
• Join Certified Personal Trainer Abbey Roach in Morrow House Auditorium (west side) at 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. for tips on how to get the body you want without expensive equipment or gym memberships.
• Stark Parks representatives will be in the main hospital lobby from 12-3 p.m. to provide information on activities for people of all ages.
For more information on Wellness Week events, call Aultman’s Sharon Lane Health Information Center at 330-363-3333.