Aultman Honors Employees at Ninth Annual ‘Points of Caring’ Awards
October 29, 2012
CANTON, Ohio (Oct. 29, 2012) – Aultman Health Foundation recently honored a group of health care professionals with Points of Caring awards during a ceremony at Kent State Stark Conference Center.
The Points of Caring award program is Aultman’s honors program for outstanding nursing and clinical support. The Points of Caring award spotlights Aultman’s “best of the best.” Employees are nominated by their colleagues who feel they exemplify the five points of caring. These qualities include compassion, customer service, clinical participation, commitment, and community involvement.
Recipients of the 2012 Points of Caring awards and representatives of excellence in the health care profession at Aultman are:
• Randi Brocious, RN, OCN – of Canton; individual award winner; staff nurse in the Infusion department; Aultman employee for 10 years.
• Marie Hooper, BSN, RN, OCN – of Akron; manager award winner; unit director; Aultman employee for 19 years.
• Christine Jurovcik – of Alliance; student winner; currently enrolled in the Aultman College of Nursing and Health Sciences
• Timothy A. Larson, RRT-NPS, AE-C – of Canal Fulton; allied health award winner; respiratory therapy; Aultman employee for 32 years.
• Lisa Van Nostran, LPN, CLTC, FIM – of Canton; individual award winner; coordinator for Woodlawn Inpatient Services; Aultman employee for 25 years.
• Compassionate Care Center staff - group winner (photo at right; pictured with Chief Nursing Officer Anne Gunther)
Various scholarship awards were also presented during the 2012 Points of Caring awards program. The recipients of these scholarships are:
• Jessica Klein, of Canton, Emergency Department technician
• Shelly Uhlir, RN, of Massillon, Emergency Department
• Laurel Lucas, RN, of Salem, Staff Nurse
• April Rose, RN, of East Sparta, Staff Nurse
• Danielle Richardson, RRT, of Dennison, Respiratory Therapy
• Beth Taylor, RN, of Carrollton, Heart Cath Lab
• Marlene Kromi, RN, of Canton, Aultman Internal Medicine Clinical Coordinator