CANTON, Ohio (May 28, 2014) - Louisville resident Gayle DeGasperis received a double honor this month at Aultman’s annual Employee Recognition Dinner. In addition to receiving her 40-year service award, she was named Aultman Hospital’s Employee of the Year.
The Employee of the Year award is designed to recognize employees who consistently go above and beyond their job expectations, while demonstrating the mission and vision of Aultman Health Foundation. DeGasperis is a well-deserving recipient of the honor.
She began her career at Aultman as a bedside nurse and currently serves as a Registered Nurse Care Coordinator for AultCare’s Home Medical Department. She was recognized for consistently exceeding customer expectations and for her positive representation of Aultman in the community.
DeGasperis has impacted the long-term health of many of her patients, assisting them in implementing lifestyle changes to improve their conditions. She always interacts with patients in a pleasant and thorough manner, ensuring they understand their medications and follow-up instructions.
“She genuinely exemplifies what an Aultman employee should be,” said Sue Olivera, vice president of human resources. “We are so fortunate to have employees like Gayle here at Aultman.”
The annual event was held May 15 at the Canton Memorial Civic Center, with more than 850 employees in attendance, celebrating milestones ranging from five years to 50 years of service at the organization.
Aultman employee Carol Shank celebrated a very special milestone, her golden anniversary with Aultman, and was honored with a long and well-deserved round of applause as the sole employee to earn the honor this year.
In addition, a total of 16 “Keys to Success” and “Rising Star” award recipients were honored during the recognition dinner. Keys to Success awards are designed to recognize those individuals whose deeds or actions stand out to their peers as best representing Aultman to patients, employees, the medical staff, the board of directors and the community. Keys to Success winners actively promote safety, service and teamwork, in addition to promoting Aultman’s mission and values.
The following nine Aultman employees (listed with their department and hometown) received Keys to Success awards during the recognition dinner:
- Stanley Bryant, Aultman Orrville Security, of Canton
- Jeremy Cline, Aultman North Therapy Services, of Louisville
- Denise Holben, Memorial 6 South, of Hartville
- Jodi Pellegrini, Neurodiagnostics, of Canton
- Marilyn Rothermel, Main 5 - Orthopedics, of North Canton
- Cheryl Royer, Cancer Center, of Louisville
- Katie Rummell, Medical Intensive Care Unit, of Carrollton
- Leila Storsin, Acute Care Specialty Hospital, of Massillon
- Cynthia Yarian, Neurodiagnostics, of North Canton
An additional seven Aultman employees received Rising Star awards. The Rising Star award recognizes employees with less than ten years of service who show potential for advancement, enthusiasm in promoting Aultman and ways to improve services offered.
The award recipients (and their departments and hometowns) are:
- Maria Dillon, Post Acute Care Billing, of Louisville
- Tiffany Durstine, Aultman Orrville Lab, of Mt. Eaton
- Kelly Fisk, Memorial 6 East, of Massillon
- Shannon Helfinstine, Aultman College, of Stow
- Marlene Kromi, Aultman Inpatient Medicine, of Canton
- Jerrod Plotts, Intensivist Program, of Dennison
- Kasey Porter, Cardiovascular Consultants, of North Canton