ricky white | May 22, 2012
Aultman Health Foundation has named North Canton resident Chuck Bell the “You Make a Difference” Employee of the Year during the organization’s annual recognition dinner held May 10.
CANTON, Ohio (May 21, 2012) — Aultman Health Foundation has named North Canton resident Chuck Bell the “You Make a Difference” Employee of the Year during the organization’s annual recognition dinner held on May 10.
The 4-year employee, who works in patient transport, consistently demonstrates excellent customer service and shows the willingness to go above and beyond expectations.
For example, this past September, Chuck was taking a patient from their room on the sixth floor to the vascular lab. The patient seemed to be fine until they got onto the elevator. The patient then started to become short of breath and began to turn blue. Chuck quickly took the patient to the vascular lab, where he alerted a nurse of the patient’s condition. They immediately called a rapid response. Chuck stayed around to help, even running to get the code cart for the nurses. Soon after, the patient was transferred to the Medical Intensive Care Unit for treatment. There is a good chance that Chuck’s fast actions may have saved this patient’s life.
“Chuck continuously does whatever he can to ensure patient safety,” said Sue Olivera, vice president of human resources. “His commitment to excellence sets a positive example to others within the hospital and we are lucky to have such an outstanding employee.”
Joining her at the award podium throughout the recognition dinner were 26 Golden Apple and Rising Star award recipients from the more than 5,000-employee organization.
Each year, Golden Apple awards are given to Aultman employees who promote the Foundation’s mission and values and whose performance is beyond what is normally expected. Accompanied with their positive attitude, their actions represent Aultman Health Foundation mission to our patients, employees, medical staff, board of trustees and the community.
The following Aultman employees received Golden Apple awards during the recognition dinner:
• Tim McGrath, Aultman MSO, of Stow
• Adam Mann, Aultman College, of Bolivar
• Terry Livengood, Pastoral Care, of Massillon
• Christy Brechtel, AultCare Home Medical, of Canton
• Lianne Ladow, Woodlawn Post Acute Services, of Massillon
• Carrie Cassidy, RN, Woodlawn Rehabilitation, of Canton
• Amanda Gillis, RN, Medical Intensive Care Unit, of Canton
• Cheryl Minnich, Pretest, of Canton
• Chrissy Fratena, APN, Psych – Outpatient Program, of Dalton
• Rob Yoder, Lab, of Louisville
• Alexis Lindsay, RN, CCU, of New Philadelphia
• Jacob Click, CRNA, Anesthesia Services, of Canton
• Anna Nupp, Revenue Management Services, of Canton
An additional 13 Aultman employees received Rising Star awards the same evening. The Rising Star award recognizes employees with less than five years of service who show potential for advancement, enthusiasm in promoting the Foundation and ways to improve services offered. The award recipients and their departments are as follows:
• Brittany Fehlman White, Network Development, of North Canton
• Laurie Moline, Aultman College, of Canton
• Ben Slutz, Media Services, of North Canton
• Devin Smock, AultCare Data Reporting, of Canton
• Rachel Elek, LSW, Hospice & Compassionate Care Center, of Canton
• Brandon Vacha, Woodlawn, of Louisville
• Gillian Pedersen, RN, 5 North, of North Canton
• Katlyn Dittmar, RN, 6 North, of Uniontown
• Cara Shiplett, RN, Operating Room, of Canton
• Tinnelle Luck, Cancer Center, of North Canton
• Joe Walker, Housekeeping, of Canton
• Charlene Wirth, Therapy Services, of Canton
• Toby Ullman, Parking Valet, of Massillon
These 26 award winners were joined by over 800 Aultman employees celebrating milestones ranging from five years of service to 45 years of service.
The You Make a Difference program was established in 2002 to acknowledge Aultman employees who consistently go above and beyond their job expectations. Approximately 15-20 monthly nominations are submitted; and two to four outstanding employees are honored with the award each month. From these monthly winners, one or two individuals are selected as the employee of the year. Employees can be nominated by administrators, co-workers and patients.