The New Direction program is a three-phase, medically monitored, very low-calorie diet. The sole source of nutrition is our nutritionally complete meal supplements. Our team of medical professionals will guide you through safe, rapid weight loss. Our behavior modification strategies will help you keep the weight off. The program offers the skills to achieve a healthier weight and to help you learn to eat healthier for life. Our ongoing group support and follow-up keeps you on track to achieving your goals.
- Medically monitored ketogenic very low-calorie diet consisting of 600-1,000 calories per day
- Use of nutritionally complete, medically formulated, low-carb and high-protein meal replacement beverage allows your body to burn fat as a fuel source
- Rapid weight loss of a weekly average of 2-5 pounds per week
- Ongoing medical monitoring by clinic staff (weight, blood pressure, labs, physician exams) provides safe, effective weight loss
- Weekly educational class on nutrition and behavioral change, led by a licensed professional, to give you tools to create a new, healthy lifestyle
- Free access to Aultman's fitness centers at Aultman North, Aultman West, Aultman Tusc and Aultman Carrollton
Phase 1: Reducing (rapid weight loss)
Complete daily nutrition is provided through delicious meal replacement beverages that come in 12 flavors: chocolate, chocolate with fiber, vanilla, strawberry, pineapple apricot, hot cocoa, mocha, lemon, chocolate pudding, vanilla pudding, cream of chicken soup and creamy tomato soup.
Weekly group sessions focus on making healthy nutrition choices and behavior changes such as emotional eating and eating triggers.
Phase 2: Adapting (transition to food)
Gradual transition to food while still losing weight through a dietitian-guided, reduced-calorie meal plan. Weekly group sessions continue to focus on nutrition and behavior choices.
Phase 3: Sustaining (weight maintenance)
Twice a month, group meetings focus on using the tools and knowledge gained from the Reducing and Adapting phases. Group support sessions, taught by licensed professionals, help to reinforce skills needed to keep weight off for life.
Attending a free information session is the next step if you're interested in our weight management programs. The session will answer your questions regarding the programs, and our staff will help you determine which program is right for you. For more information, register for a free orientation session. You may also call 330-491-1670 or e-mail us.
Aultman Weight Management Home Page