New Outlook is a 1,000-1,200 low-calorie diet for people with a BMI of 25 or higher. This program combines two New Direction meal supplements plus one balanced meal and snacks per day that you purchase from the grocery store. Our team of medical professionals will guide you through all of the phases of the program. Our behavior modification strategies will help you keep the weight off. The program offers the skills to achieve a healthier weight and to help you learn to eat healthy for life. Our ongoing group support and follow-up keeps you on track to achieving your goals.
- Medically monitored, low-calorie diet consisting of 1,000-1,200 calories per day
- Use of two nutritionally complete, medically formulated, low-carb and high-protein meal replacement beverages plus one dietitian-directed healthy meal and snacks per day
- Average weight loss of 2-3 pounds per week
- Ongoing medical monitoring by clinic staff (weight, blood pressure, labs, physician exam) provides safe, effective weight loss
- Weekly educational class on nutrition and behavioral change, led by licensed professionals, give you the tools to create a new, healthy lifestyle
- Free access to Aultman's fitness centers - Aultman North, Aultman West, Aultman Tusc and Aultman Carrollton
Phase 1: Reducing (initial weight loss)
Two meals per day are supplemented with delicious meal replacement beverages that come in 12 flavors: chocolate, chocolate with fiber, vanilla, strawberry, pineapple apricot, hot cocoa, mocha, lemon, chocolate pudding, vanilla pudding, cream of chicken soup and creamy tomato soup. The dietitian provides guidelines for one meal and snacks per day that you purchase from the grocery store. Weekly group sessions focus on making healthy nutrition choices and behavior changes such as emotional eating and eating triggers.
Phase 2: Adapting (transition to food)
Gradual transition to food while still losing weight through a dietitian-guided, reduced-calorie meal plan for the remaining two meals per day. Weekly group sessions continue to focus on nutrition and behavior choices.
Phase 3: Sustaining (weight maintenance)
Twice-a-month group meetings focus on using the tools and knowledge gained from the Reducing and Adapting phases. Group support sessions, taught by licensed professionals, help to reinforce skills needed to keep your weight off for life.
Attending a free information session is the next step if you're interested in our weight management programs. The session will answer questions you have regarding the programs, and our staff will help you determine which program is right for you. For more information, register for a free orientation session. You may also call 330-491-1670 or e-mail us.
Aultman Weight Management Home Page